Applying for USOE Licensure
In order to obtain a license to teach in the state of Utah, graduates of teacher education programs must be recommended by their institution. Please complete the necessary steps below and submit all paperwork to the Teacher Education Advisement Center, room Ed 230.
1) Download and complete the Licensure Checklist for your teaching program:
- Follow the instructions on the checklist for completing the licensure application process and keep a copy of all the paperwork you have submitted. Licensure Checklist
- For the latest information on licensing fees, please visit: http://www.schools.utah.gov/cert/Licensing-Fees.aspx
Once all paperwork and transcripts with posted degrees are received, the teacher education licensure specialist will send an email to your WSU student email account advising you about completing the licensure process. When you receive this email it will contain information on the licensing procedure through USOE. Once you have completed the process you will immediately be able to print a copy of your license. Please note: you will not be mailed a copy from USOE so make sure to save a copy on your computer or flash drive. If you are unable to complete the on- line procedure after receiving the email contact Natalie Struhs. You will not hold a Utah license until you complete the online process!
Below is information you may need to complete the checklist:
- Official transcripts are required if the Bachelors degree was obtained at an institution other than Weber State University. Please contact the institution where you earned your degree to have the official transcripts forwarded for licensing purposes.
- Official Transcript Request form for Weber State University transcripts- Masters and licensing only students.
- Licensure Testing Update- June 2014
Procedures for Adding Licensure Areas
The following information is for students who already hold a Utah teaching license and are adding an additional license through completion of a teacher education program.
Complete the USOE Licensure Application Complete ONLY the Applicant information at the top.
Submit your USOE licensure application and check made payable to USOE in the amount of $55 to the teacher education advisement center. Once received, they will be forwarded to USOE for processing and your license will be mailed to you by USOE in approximately 6 weeks.