In accordance to Utah Code 53A-3-410, all parents/guardians/volunteers who will be working with WSU Charter Academy must have their fingerprints taken and pass a FBI/NFUF background check prior to logging in any volunteer hours.
Fingerprints will be taken by appointment only
Directions for completing background check
1) Pick up a background check authorization form and cashier’s office payment form from the WSU Charter Academy Office in ED 228 (8 a.m. – 4 p.m).
2) Pay for the background check.
- Go to the Cashier’s Office in the Student Services Center, 2nd floor (M-Th 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Fri 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
- Fee is $60 for fingerprinting ($40 for Utah BCI background fee , $20 for Livescan fingerprinting fee).
- Be sure you get three copies of your receipt: one for your records, one for our records and one for the Livescan office.
- Take your receipts and completed authorization form to the WSU Charter Academy office, ED 228. The WSU Charter Academy staff will collect the duplicate receipts, collect and sign the authorization form, and set up a fingerprinting appointment for one of the days and times listed.
3) What to do on the day of your appointment.
- Please be on time for your fingerprinting appointment.
- The Livescan Fingerprinting office is located in ED 022.
- Please bring your valid driver’s license or passport with you as picture ID. You cannot be fingerprinted without verification of identity.
- Parents/Guardians/Volunteers clearance cards can be picked up with a valid picture ID from room ED 228 at least two weeks after fingerprinting.