Boyd K. and Donna S. Packer Center for Family and Community Education (Packer Center)
The mission of the Boyd K. and Donna S. Packer Center for Family and Community Education (Packer Center) at Weber State University is to enhance the lives of individuals and families, enrich communities and promote nurturing environments through campus and educational outreach offerings.
The Packer Center's primary programs are:
- WSU Charter Academy
- Melba S. Lehner Children’s School
- Storytelling Festival
- Families Alive Conference
- Family Literacy Program
- Teachers Assistant Path to Teaching (TAPT)
- Teachers of Tomorrow Project
- Care About Childcare (CAC)
The Packer Center’s activities seek to:
- Improve service delivery in education, health, and other social services.
- Create an awareness of cognitive, social, emotional, and cultural issues within the community.
- Integrate the insights and strengths of the various programs within the Center.
- Provide on-going opportunities for social analysis and educational reflection.
- Develop educational methodologies that are recognized locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Publish and disseminate information that inspires reflection and analysis in a variety of family and educational settings.
- Provide educational and reflective projects that further the Centers mission.
- Foster and encourage collaborative community-based programs.
- Serve as a resource, clearinghouse and disseminator of information to enhance the campus and community.
- Implement collaborative community-based, multidisciplinary education and training for students, faculty, and staff.
- Offer ongoing, high quality professional development programs for educators and professionals.
- Provide scholarships and other types of student support across Packer Center programs.
The Boyd K. and Donna S. Packer Center for Family and Community Education is housed in the Jerry and Vickie Moyes College of Education and draws upon faculty, staff, students and community members from a variety of disciplines.
The Moyes College of Education is committed to serving campus and community members through the exciting, responsive, and progressive programs supported through the Packer Center.