All students who are taking the CHF 2610 or 2620 must pass a fingerprint department background check prior to taking either class. If you are taking this class prior to being admitted to the Teacher Education program, you have the option of completing the CHF background check now and waiting until you are admitted to the TE program to complete the USOE background check. The USOE background check is required to begin the TE levels and expires three years from the date you are cleared. It must be valid at the time you complete the program and apply for licensure. If you will not be completing the program within the next 3 years, you will have to be fingerprinted twice. The choice is yours as to which background check you complete now.
Fingerprinting times for Student taking courses Spring 2014 Semester
Dec 9 4-6 pm
Dec 12 3-6 pm
Dec 30 3-6 pm
Jan 2 3-6 pm
Jan 3 12-3 pm
Jan 6 3-6 pm
Jan 8 3-5 pm
Jan 10 1-3 pm
Jan 13 3-6 pm
Jan 15 4-6 pm
Jan 17 1-3 pm
Jan 22 4-6 pm
Jan 24 1-3 pm
Directions for completing background check (YOU ONLY DO ONE OPTION!)
Please follow the appropriate instructions below:
Child and Family Studies Department Background Check:
1) Go to the Child & Family Studies Office, Room 204, and pickup a blue background check application form and cashier’s office payment form from the envelope on the bulletin board outside the door.
2) Go to the Cashier’s Office and pay $60 for fingerprinting ($40 for BCI payment, $20 for Livescan office payment). Be sure you get three copies of your receipt: one for your records and two for us.Take your receipts back to the CHF office, ED 204, for signatures and to give them a receipt.
3) Bring the completed blue form and the cashier’s receipt to the advisement reception desk in Room 230 and sign up for a fingerprinting time on during one of the days listed.
4) Important: When you come for your appointment please bring your driver’s license or passport with you as picture ID. You cannot be fingerprinted without verification of identity. Clearance cards can be picked up from room ED 204 two weeks after fingerprinting for CHF students.
USOE Background Check:
1) Follow the instructions for the Teacher Education Background Check