Grade Requirements: An overall GPA of 2.00 or "C."
All Sales and Merchandising students are required to meet with a faculty advisor at least annually for course and program advisement. Call 801-626-6913 for more information or to schedule an appointment. (Also refer to the Department Advisor Referral List.)
Declare your program of study. There are no special admission or application requirements for this program.
Refer to General Requirements for Associate of Applied Science requirements. Engl EN1010 and Comm HU1050 are required. Computer Literacy as defined in this catalog is also required for the A.A.S. degree.
Course Requirements for AAS Degree
Courses Required (14 credit hours)
- SST 1143 Fundamental Selling Techniques (3)
- SST 1303 Distribution Principles (3)
- SST 1602 Advanced Selling Techniques (2)
- SST 2899 Associate Degree Assessment (0)
- SST 3203 Customer Service Techniques (3)
- SST 3563 Principles of Supervision (3)
Support Courses (21 credit hours)
- SST 1401 Intro to Sales/Service Tech (1)
- SST 1503 Intro to Fashion Merchandising (3)
- SST 1890 Cooperative Work Experience (3)
- SST 2182 Credit & Collection Methods (2)
- SST 2383 Retail Merchandising & Buying Methods (3)
- SST 2443 Advertising Methods (3)
- IDT 2010 Textiles (3)
- IDT 2020 Computer-aided Design (3)