Departmental Honors in Construction Management Technology
To earn Departmental Honors in CMT, a student must:
- Be an active member of Sigma Lambda Chi – Construction Management Honor Society.
- Complete all BS requirements as a CMT major.
- Earn GPA of 3.6 in CMT required courses.
- Pass the Associate Constructor Exam
- Earn an “A” in CMT 4610/4620 Senior Experience/Senior Project
- Complete one of the following:
- Compete in two student competitions. Acceptable competitions include: BYU mod bid completion, ASC Student Competition (Reno), or other approved by the Program Manager.
- Actively serve in a leadership position in the CMT student organization.
- Other service learning project approved by the program manager.
How to apply for Departmental Honors in CMT?
-Students must apply to be awarded departmental honors and be cleared by both the CMT Department and the Honors Program.
Steps to apply for Departmental Honors in CMT:
- Complete the entrance application for Departmental Honors and submit to the Honors Program (2nd floor of the Stewart Library.)
- Meet the requirements listed above.
- Visit Marilyn Diamond, the Honor’s advisor, to be cleared for graduation with the Departmental Honors (801-626-7360 - firstname.lastname@example.org).
Students earning Departmental Honors will be recognized the following ways:
- “Department of Honors” designation on the transcript
- “Department of CMT Honors” printed on the degree diploma
- Personalized certificate signed by the President of WSU and the Honors Director
- Invitation to Honor Nye-Cortez banquets at the end of the academic year.
For more information contact:
Joseph Wolfe Department Chair 801-395-3428
Chris Soelberg CMT Program Advisor 801-395-3429
Dr. Judy Elsley Honors Director 801-626-6186