Testing Center Guidelines
DCHP LRC & TESTING CENTER POLICIES
- Government photo identification is required for admission to any Weber State University test. This would include a Wildcat card, driver license, state issued identification, military identification or passport.
- BACKPACKS ARE ALLOWED ONLY IN OR AROUND CUBBY SHELVES OUTSIDE THE TESTING ROOM. Purses and Laptop computers may be placed under the student's desk, in the cubby shelves or with the proctoring staff. No access to these items may be made during the test.
- The students are only allowed to have items on the desk that are named by their instructor or required by the testing center policies.
- Cell phones and other electronic devices are to be turned off during an exam. ANY ACCESS TO A PHONE OR ELECTRONIC DEVICE after being admitted to the testing room will result in the immediate termination of the exam and notification to the instructor. A ringing cell phone in the testing center will be turned over to the proctor unanswered, and result in notification to the instructor.
- Bathroom breaks are not allowed unless an instructor grants permission.
- The only talking allowed in the testing room must be directed toward a proctor.
- Any issues involving a test's instructions or availability are to be brought up with the instructor, excluding exams for the College of Health Professions, which we will try to assist with. Testing personnel will always try to provide students with information as needed.
- Children are not allowed to accompany a parent into the testing room. We never take custody of, or responsibility to babysit. This brings liability upon the University. Children in the waiting area are to be attended to at all times, thus students must make prior arrangements to care for their children.
- Any violation to Weber State University's Code of Conduct will be reported to the Dean of Students, as well as the instructor.
- For Chitester exams allowing Notes and/or Cue Sheets, the Testing Center will collect and dispose of the Notes and/or Cue Sheets. For exams allowing Open Book and Open Notes, the students may retain their Book and Notes, however if any additional writing is found, the proctor will dispose or hold for instructor review.
- For Paper exams allowing Notes and/or Cue Sheets, the Testing Center will collect and attach the student's Notes/Cue Sheet to the exam, or dispose, according to instructor’s preference. For exams allowing Open Book and Open Notes, the students may retain their Book and Notes, however if any additional writing is found, proctor will dispose or hold for instructor review.